10 Ways to Keep Your Vagina Healthy and Happy
- When washing the area around the vagina (the vulva) gently use warm water and plain, unperfumed soaps every day.
- Douches can be very disruptive to the normal vaginal flora so avoid them.
- Avoid perfumed toilet paper and don’t use scented intimate products.
- Consider taking a probiotic designed specifically to support vaginal health, especially if you tend to suffer from vaginal infections.
- Urinate immediately after sex, use protection and wash the vagina gently with water as soon as possible.
- Avoid using sexual lubricants and condoms with chemical additives and spermicides. Choose natural versions that are aligned to the vaginal pH and non-irritant to the delicate vaginal epithelia.
- Avoid synthetic fabrics against your skin and consistently wearing tight clothing.
- Keep an eye on your sugar intake, as this will feed the wrong type of bacteria. Instead enjoy a varied diet of fresh foods, including fresh fruit and vegetables.
- 70% of your immune system is in your gut. So the gut is a good place to start!
- Finally, talk about vagina health! Express any worries and concerns, share them, and seek medical advice if necessary. Understand its complexities and remember how amazing vaginas and the people who have them are.
Also in News
Everyone’s body is different, so the things that lead to vaginitis for some people don’t always cause problems for others. But in general, anything that changes the chemical balance in your vagina can lead to vaginitis.
Allergic reactions or sensitivity to different products, materials, or activities can also cause vaginitis. Here […]
1. Pee after sex if you’re prone to UTIs
Women who suffer from regular UTIs should use the bathroom after sex, recommends Dr Alyssa Dweck, a gynae from Westchester, NY, and author of The Complete A to Z for Your V. “When you have intercourse, bacteria from the rectum […]
These are some of the ways you can keep your vaginal pH balanced.
Probiotics: Probiotics are part of the normal flora in the body, including the vagina. When they are out of balance, harmful bacteria or yeast can arise and cause infection.
Garlic: Garlic is known to have antibacterial and antifungal properties. […]